Friday, November 16, 2007

Tonight, the day before my 18th birthday, was oddly full-circle for me.

Okay, so when I was 15, I had a group of friends, which was ultimately myself, two of my girlfriends, the one's boyfriend, and our mentor of sorts. Pretty much, everyone moved at the same time. Meaning, the one girl moved like a half hour or so away, then her boyfriend moved to Colorado, and then our mentor went off to Oregon. Which left the other girl and myself, and that turned out to just make a mess out of me, as teen life tends to do to people.

Over the summer, the guy moved back. He wants to go to Sac State, which is the reasoning I suppose. Tonight was the first time I got to hang out with him since, because I couldn't find him and also there was just masses of ex drama between my friend and him. The kind where people know they aren't communicating so they make shit up and then make the communicating be not happening for an actual reason? Yeah.

Funny enough, we didn't even follow tradition of "lurk around the bookstore and mock people". We tried, but ... we realized it was tradition because we had no choice. Well, now we do, and guess what motherfucker? I wanna go play video games, cos books are for losers and people who aren't in college.

So it was full circle for me, but I also see things changing for my friend. For the better, don't worry; it in fact made the night more pleasant for me than it was initially. For me, I minimally care about whether or not she'll be back with this ex of hers, not to say I don't like him, in fact it's quite the opposite. However, it's about her leaving her current boyfriend. Who has nothing in life going for him. No body shape, no attractive face, no school plans, dead end job, shitty personality, severely under-developed logic skills, the fucker don't even tip at restaraunts. She's finally seeing it, and I'm glad for her. I do worry however that she's going to be too considerate of how he's gonna take it and just put it off and put herself second, which would be especially bad because everyone but her seems to notice that the relationship is at least verbally abusive towards her.

Well, off the topic of friends and back onto myself ... I declared my major today. Officially, my title can be "Melony Louise: Art New Media Student".

...It's okay, most that don't go to ARC (and some that do) don't know what it means. Basically, I'm studying graphic design. Also, it means I'm schooling to get into a sixty dollar an hour job. That's a good thing, even if it is just a "back up plan".

Well, I s'pose that's it for now. Tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures of my pierced face, or at least before I go on Pointless Drivel Live for time number two so Mr. Fabulous can mock me for it, hee. So, nighty, I'll see you folks again when I'm old!

1 comment:

The Ferryman said...

Oh...there WILL be mockage...