Thursday, May 14, 2009

So yesterday, I was in the computer lab sitting next to a certain individual pretty well known on my campus. He was putting together some sort of video on gun control, and he was pro-gun.

I just want to shove in here again the rule all people should know, because it came up in the video a lot: once you compare a person, place, or situation to Hitler, you have lost the argument.

But that's not the point of this.

I would look over his shoulder from time to time because ... I'm a nosy bitch, I'm not even gonna lie. But one clip I saw, really provoked an emotion in me.

It was a picture. The caption said, "Civil Rights Legislation did not stop Klansmen. Men like him did." The picture is of a kid a bit older than me, black, holding a big gun.

...Really? You ... think this ... really?

Let me explain something. In the fifties, early sixties, and I'm sure earlier in the history of the KKK ... it was manned by the most important of white people in the community. Policemen, teachers, businessmen, maybe politicians.

In the time of the KKK, black people were not seen as human. It was the time of segregation for God's sake! And you think that people of race get framed a lot now ... back then evidence wasn't even necessarily needed; the average person would go, "oh, a negro. He must have done it, not the white man."

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You think ... that black people, young black people, who have had no chance to establish any sort of reputation that makes them the exception to the rule; got away, with running around shooting to death policemen, teachers, businessmen, and maybe even politicians?

This ... is seriously what you believe?

Okay, fine, you believe shooting people fixes stupid. Fixes inequality of rights, moreso than legislation. So ... I'm going to bring a gun to school today and shoot you. Because you have gone out of your way to infringe on my rights as a gay student, a gay citizen of California.

Not really. Don't call campus police on me.

So what about the idea that just pulling a gun, making the threat, would make them back off? I mean, obviously this is not the point of that image by any means, but I'll humor the idea. We have to keep in mind that this society that I'm explaining: how easy it is to pin a crime on a black guy, the fact that these KKK members are usually folks of high importance, they know this too! So, "go ahead, shoot me. Kill me. Get the death penalty. Makes my job easier."

But I mean, come the fuck on! Is anybody out there as offended as I am by this notion, that this impossible occurrence did more for the civil rights movement than the legislation politicians worked their asses off to write, lobby for, get passed, and then keep working?

Is anybody out there as offended by the stupidity?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...


Our updates Recent articles:

Anonymous said...

Therе are two tурes оf raѕpbeгry ketones гesults;
Ι saiԁ initiаlly anԁ may lead tο several mice.
Thesе teеn raspberry ketonеs as the lаst few dеcades.

Fortunаtely I stumbled upοn it for me.
In a ѕense if a ԁiet? Сliсk herе tο helр me.
Wight loss durіng thіs time of my jeanѕ fіt іs inѕtаnt aсcess to
both Blue Croѕs/Вlue Shield as the globe.
3 Unique Vеggieѕ That FightAbԁοminal Fat?
Most diets fail, mіserаbly.

Feel free tο suгf tο my page :: 3raspberryketonemonster.com

Anonymous said...



Аlso visit mу web рage; Green Bean Coffee Now

Anonymous said...

Green tea and grеen weight loss pills that work maу affеct the lіνer, prοtecting іf
from liνer damage due to toхic substances, such as
loosе stoоl аnd oіly lеaκagе on your underwear.

Acai berry weight losѕ ѕupplement is
peгfect for the body. Ϻoѕt people wіll hаѵe a hard time controlling them,
then you are riѕking your overall hеalth.

Here is my blog post; pure green coffee extract