Thursday, November 22, 2007

I'm grateful for the amazing head start I've had in life. I may joke a lot about how I never had the cool things growing up or whatever, but my parents and my sister did so much in life to make sure I had everything in life that I needed, materialistically and otherwise.

I'm grateful for the amazing friends I've had and have. Whether I was grateful to them at the time or not, they've proven to me that people do know you when you're down and out, even if those people tend to be few and far between.

I'm grateful even for the not-so-great "friends" I've had and have. They've taught me what I hate in people, what I don't want to be, and they've made the people who really are there for me and not what I have or can do for them shine even more in my eyes.

I'm grateful for the bad moments in my life as well as the good. They've made me compassionate to others, and even if they seemed to knock everything out of me at the time, they in fact made me stronger and especially showed me that if you have no love for yourself, people will find it hard to love you.

Finally, I'm grateful for whatever the future has to offer me. To school, work, my passions, the people in my life, I say ... bring on whatever you have to throw at me. I may still have a lot to learn, but I can take it.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! Less than three!

No comments: