Friday, February 27, 2009

Wow. I haven't been here in over a year. Crazy.

And a crazy time it's been. I honestly wish you all could've followed along ... maybe it would have helped me out heh.

But I'm back now. And intend to stay for awhile.

Changes include:
New layout! For the...
New name! The old name was a redundant mouthful.
Fuck nicknames and protected identities! You will know my friends and such as I do, on a first name basis.

And where am I at?
This will surprise no one who's been in a relationship at 17 before, but me and "The Boy" are no longer. Haven't been for nearly a year now. And it was a pretty nasty breakup and we've just gotten back on speaking terms in the last couple months. And for the first time, in a different relationship, I've had and lost love. It's definitely weird. And I'm not excited for next time, despite my big crush on another boy ha.

In the last couple months, I got a McJob. I hate it. Initially I feel ungrateful because my friend got me the job and I hated it within a few weeks, but then I remember that she hates it too and I feel better.

I'm way more involved with my school and its politics. For anybody who followed Proposition 8, you might remember American River College making (NATIONAL!) news for its endorsement of marriage ban Proposition 8. Yeah, I was totally against that shit. As were (and still are) a bunch of people. And it's slowed down some this semester, but last semester was about trying (and in a sense failing in the short term) to make the school better for future students. And I'm president of Queer-Straight Alliance. Woohoo leadership!

Oh, and I'm a massive stoner now, yay! I'll be honest: as of now, I've been pretty able to balance toking a lot with being sober for work, classes, etc. But I do sometimes fear spiraling downward. I'm a constant ball of anxiety, nerves, and social awkwardness, and THC makes it all float away.

So why try after so long to get back in blogging?
It's cheaper than a therapist. And I'm only slightly joking. I also love the community blogging results in. Mostly I need the ability to talk about my life and have others identify somehow. Even if it's just sitting and reading what I'm getting out of me, it's enough.

Also, as I get closer to universities, working, etc. I crave networking and friends in non-local places. I'll try to put up some of my work somehow so y'all can refer me to your friends who work in publication design, winknudgehee.

And how often will this update?
In a perfect world, daily. But I have two night classes and a crazy life, so it'll be probably more like Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. And I'm going to try to not keep a public diary like before. Just focus in on one thing and dissect it. Less for me and more for those who read it (:

So ... I'll see you here tomorrow night?

No comments: