Saturday, September 22, 2007


First off, go to Mr. Fab's blog and get the link to vote for his blog as the Best Humor Blog.

Second off, make a post in your blog telling people to vote for him also, and to also post in their blogs.

Why, you ask? Simply because no matter what any overly wound up undersexed mommy blogger says, eight year old boys anally raping each other on the school playground is the funniest thing on the internet. In fact, it's eh-oh-el level is over nine thousand.

Third off, isn't it great that I can say things like that because it's not my readers I have to worry about alienating?

So, what the hell have I been up to this last month? Well, there's school. Transit. The demands of friends and The Boy. Then what I'm most excited about, NaNoWriMo is in a month!

For those who don't know, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is a quantity-over-quality writing contest. You have thirty days to get to fifty thousand words. Yes, with one story. No, not with previously started work, you cheater!

So if you had asked me about NaNo about a week ago, I would have groaned. Last years was a bad time for me. I picked a story with nine (!) narrators, at least nine subplots, and a miserable ending to match my feelings about my small hometown. I had much relationship angst (was a week into the relationship with my ex girlfriend when NaNo started, she got work with my dad, told his best friend [a lesbian] about sleeping with me, had the gull to dump me two days later AND a week before my birthday, the guy I had wanted to date at the time disappeared once I was single, etc), some family angst (in connection mostly to the relationship angst), and just too much on my plate (tried to run a muchly unsuccessful youth group, was in my first semester of college, on top of the rest stated).

Now don't get me wrong, in hindsight I'm grateful for all of these. Sam and I have become best friends since breaking up, and had we not broken up and had that stupid gothy bastard stuck around (by the way, we cross paths often since he basically lives a few blocks away from me, and he never acknowledges my existence), I wouldn't have The Boy. By the way, Friday is nine months for us. That's my longest relationship, about 4.5 times as long as the one that held the record before that. That first semester of college inspired me to stick around in college, thus I've met some very fascinating and wonderful people (oh, and the classes are interesting too) who sure, I don't keep as good of contact with as I should (bad Mel), but have still left their impacts on me. None of that changes that my failing NaNo was a bit of a blow to my ego, and the idea of doing it again just felt like too much work.

But, I have in mind a story I love and have been tinkering with since about February or March. Okay, so I thought I had more reasons than that, but I guess I don't really need them.

Well also, for once it's cold in Sacramento in September (usually, it gets cold in November and stays cold until March. Also, it does NOT snow here) so the cold weather is definitely an inspiration to do more introverted for myself things. Oh, and the fact that the last month or so has just made me feel like I'm going for others. I really like doing things like taking myself out for food and going somewhere just to get out of the house, not to hang with a friend or anything. Not to be rude to Nessa and The Boy, I do love their company and they make me happy and all that crap, but I just sort of need those things occasionally to feel like I have a relationship with myself and the things I want still ... if that statement makes sense.

Finally, why the labret as the picture? Well, first off, I had no clue what to put, second off, I am beginning my research for my 18th birthday weekend, in which I will get my first tattoos and my labret. Another thing in which I am excited about

1 comment:

The Ferryman said...

It is so refreshing to find a young person who can appreciate pre-teen anal rape.