Friday, August 24, 2007


Remember my saying I hate PETA? This is still true.


At Warped Tour, I was handed a pamphlet, entitled "Even If You Like Meat, You Can Help End This Cruelty!" My thoughts were, "sweet, this pamphlet will tell me some of the cruel ways animals are treated, and then give me some petitions to sign or maybe even suggest some intern work, instead of shoving PETA bullshit down my throat!"

Ahh, my poor naive self.

The sixteen page long pamphlet has many paragraphs strewn inside which are quotes from vegans/vegetarians which basically say that smart people are vegans/vegetarians, so I should be too. Then the first paragraph that is PETA written is basically, "omg, think of the animals you'd spare if you ate less meat!"

No, PETA. Fact: they're treated badly. Reality check: they'd continue to be treated badly if less of them were eaten, until the amount kept around was lessened, and then they'd still get treated badly, just in smaller numbers, and then they'd stop being bred so much. So not only will you have failed your cause of ceasing the cruelty, but then there'd be a new cause of "I think they might be going extinct, whoopsie."

Plus, turkeys, they deserve to be eaten. Hey, fuck you for saying I'm an asshole for saying that, you haven't handled a damn turkey in your life. They're mean. Violent. Stupid as all hell. Ugly. So fuck turkeys, and eat as many of them as you can.

As I've said before, the cruelty should end, my eating them should not.

No comments: