Saturday, August 18, 2007

So I've been contemplating making a blog that tracks my school progress for next semester. Sort of a place where I can put what I've learned, important notes, due dates, and try to get other people to talk to me about it so it all potentially sticks better, and probably also talk about the extra-curricular stuff I'll be doing. Plus I find that thus far I've been less dependent on my note taking and studying skills and more so on my abnormal memory which sure, hasn't yet gotten me less than a B, but also tends to just remember random ass factoids instead of the important stuff in the long run.

My point I guess is that I'll be most likely doing this anyway for my own sake, but my question is would anyone else find it to be an interesting read or what-have-you? I'm taking Group Discussion, Adobe Photoshop, and The Human Lifespan, and then in the way of for-fun things I'm considering Improv Club, Gay Straight Alliance, and auditioning for one of their plays.

In an unrelated note, I really hate hearing good things about Hairspray. There's just something really wrong about remaking a John Waters film with Zac Efron and John Travolta in drag. In my mind, it'd be like remaking The Birds with Paris Hilton, or Gone With The Wind with Justin Timberlake. Meaning, it's a freaking classic (although that may be an exaggeration when speaking of the original Hairspray) so 1) why remake it and 2) why use such actors!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Waters was actually ok with the actors and what not from what I've read. What I'm pissed about is the fact it was filmed in Canada and not Baltimore! I'm not sure who else could have pulled off drag like Travolta did though.